Secure Logistics considers protection of the privacy of its members, subscribers, customers and website visitors to be of the utmost importance. We handle and secure personal data about members, subscribers, customers and website visitors with the greatest possible care.
Why we need data
Secure Logistics processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the conclusion of a contract, and the marketing/sales process that precedes it
- Handling your payment
- To check the creditworthiness of the organisation
- To manage your subscriptions
- To invoice you for the services provided
- To inform you of changes to our services and products
- Sending our newsletter and/or leaflets
- To contact you, or in case you contact us for example by phone, e-mail, online form, chat, surveys, research panels, log in on your account, subscribe for newsletters, or contact us through social media.
- To further improve our services
- To realise and maintain a high level of trust for the XS-ID Services and so to facilitate a reliable and trustworthy access management process.
- To provide our XS-ID Services (including the XS-Keys: Cargo Card, Digital Safety Passport and Portkey) on behalf of our customers, such as:
- to provide access for employees to the management environment XS-ID Online
- to produce and supply XS-Keys as a means to automate the logistic process and/or access management
- providing personal information for verification purposes within to facilitate a safe and efficient gate process
Legal bases on which we process your personal data
Secure Logistics processes personal data on the following legal bases:
- Consent given by the data subject
- Performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Secure Logistics or by a third party
Data we process when you enter into an agreement with Secure Logistics
For entering into a contract that allows for access to XS-ID Online (former Secure Online) it is required that the authorized signatory possesses an XS-ID. If you don’t have an XS-ID you can request one with Secure Logistics. After receiving your XS-ID you can complete your company profile by providing the following information: registration number chamber of commerce, company name, postal address, telephone number, country, main language of your organisation, NIWO-license (only for transport companies).
You register for an XS-ID trough the XS-ID Intake App. Information about this app can be found in the e-mail you receive from Secure Logistics. You receive this e-mail after registering on the Secure Logistics website.
As part of the registering process we need you to verify your identity with the XS-ID Intake App. You are asked to make a photograph of yourself. This “selfie” will be compared to the picture from your ID. Important for you tot know is that the app is a secure and proven solution for this purpose. All information is processed locally on your device, so no one gets to see your ID nor your photograph and there is no document trail. At the end of the process, before actually sending your data, you will first receive an overview of the information you provide to Secure Logistics. We collect the following personal data: phone number, name, email, data of birth, type ID-document, number ID-document, expiration data ID, nationality. After finishing the registration process no personal information will be stored within the XS-ID Intake App or your device.
Do you have a question about the XS-ID Intake App? Feel free to contact the Secure Logistics Servicedesk.
Requesting an XS-ID to access XS-ID Online
The XS-ID is a personal ID. So if you are not the authorized signatory and you need access to XS-ID Online you need to request your own XS-ID. Apart from receiving an invitation from your company the registration process is similar to the process described above.
Sharing personal data with others
Secure Logistics does not sell your information to third parties. Personal data is only provided if this is in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected or in order to meet a legal obligation. Personal information can be provided to third parties:
- in case Secure Logistics is under a legal obligation to provide personal data to competent authorities.
As part of the process of entering into an XS-ID company agreement Secure Logistics shares your personal information:
- for the performance of a creditworthiness test and additional company verification.
- to make it possible to link you to a company within XS-ID Online
Secure Logistics B.V. acts as controller in the meaning of the GDPR for processing your personal data in relation to the contract and the use of XS-ID Online.
How long we store the data
Secure Logistics will not store your personal data longer than strictly necessary to fulfil the purpose for which your data was collected. The personal data is deleted from our systems no later than 6 months after the expiry of the storage period. Secure Logistics can store your data longer if that is required under national law (for example to comply with tax regulations).
Your rights under GDPR
As a data subject the GDPR provides you with certain rights, such as a right to access, a right to have your personal data erased and the right to object to the processing of your personal information. If you want to invoke one or more of these right you can contact the Data Protection Officer. E-mail: FG@secure-logistics.nl
Do you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data? Please contact the Data Protection Officer. E-mail: FG@secure-logistics.nl
If your complaint is not resolved satisfactorily you can submit a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). More information can be found on the website of the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
If you have questions about the processing of your personal data, or you cannot find the right person to get your question answered? Please contact our Data Protection Officer. E-mail: FG@secure-logistics.nl